ONE ATHENS is a revolutionary new concept for living in downtown Athens. ONE ATHENS boasts an unrivalled location close to Kolonaki and Syntagma square and a magnificent view to Acropolis and Lycabettus hill. With just 26 individually-designed residences to suit every lifestyle, ranging from apartments to penthouses, duplexes, studios and townhouses, ONE ATHENS raises the standard of luxury living in the heart of the city. Residents have exclusive access to a wide range of five-star facilities, including a roof garden, underground parking, private cinema, meeting room, playroom as well as a fully equipped gym with a pool and personal training facilities. Furthermore, One Athens has officially been designated by the Greek Ministry of Culture and Tourism, as an important historic landmark in terms of its architectural concept, resulting in significant value appreciation.
Q & A
One Athens, a few words...
One Athens, the history
The building complex eventually consisted of four wings built around a central atrium including the Athens Technological Institute and the School of Ekistics. Over 25.000 draftsmen, graphic designers, interior decorators, art conservators, structural engineers, electricians and programmers graduated from here between 1958 and the closure of the school in 1976, the year after Doxiadis’ death.
Constantinos Doxiadis strongly believed in adapting ancient inspiration to contemporary design practices. True to this vision, Divercity architects were inspired by Doxiadis’ philosophy in converting his former headquarters into 21st century residences. The new design is faithful to the legacy of this landmark, but forward-looking in its cutting-edge design, innovative use of materials, and ability to respond to the needs of the modern lifestyle.
Who is the developer and owner of One Athens?
Miltos Kambourides is the Founder of Dolphin Capital, an independent private equity firm specialising in real estate investments. Dolphin Capital Investors (DCI) has raised almost €1 billion of equity funds and has grown to become a leading global real estate investor and developer of beachfront leisure integrated resorts in Southeastern Europe and the Americas, like Amanzoe (www.amanzoe.com).
Are the apartments offered for sale or lease?
The One Athens apartments are offered only for sale.
What else is included when buying an apartment at One Athens?
All apartments are equipped with the following equipment: Top branded white appliances (Miele or Gaggenau), A/C and independent heating system, main lighting in the interior space (entrance, windows, corridors, bathrooms). Furthermore, owners may at their discretion choose to purchase high end design furnishing, with favorable pricing, benefitting the One Athens’ collaboration with the top furnishing retail stores of Athens.
Finally, One Athens will have centralized facilities management ensuring seamless service to all residents and guests in addition to common amenities including entertainment and relaxation facilities plus a roof garden with magnificent view to the upper floor of the building.
What are the One Athens facilities and services?
- Roof garden with magnificent view of the Acropolis, including sitting and BBQ area.
- Luxury wellness centre including swimming pool (4x13m), steam rooms and sauna.
- State of the art gymnasium plus relaxation and treatment area.
- His / Her changing room.
- Playroom (around 100m2) specially designed for child safety.
- Cinema room for private viewings.
- Fully equipped business suite.
- Atrium, the heart of the building, an enclosed tranquil space which may accommodate events or dinner parties.
- Facilities management including maintenance, cleaning and gardening.
- Porter/24h Security.
- 4 lobbies which facilitate transfer to apartments and all common areas.
- Concierge services such as a 5 star luxury hotel include booking services for restaurants/theatres/flights/ferries, babysitting and nanny services, massage and personal training, house cleaning, dry cleaning, shopping (stocking your fridge) and dinner parties.
What type of apartments are available?
Thanks to its grand scale, ONE ATHENS accommodates apartments, duplexes and studios, townhouses and penthouses ranging from 77 to 721sq.m. total usable area. More specifically, One Athens consists of twelve Apartments with a unique but versatile layout, ranging from 132 to 275 sq.m., two Duplexes plus three Studios ranging from 77 to 328 sq.m., four unique Townhouses with direct access to the street (ranging from 245 to 517 sq.m.) and the marvellous Lycabettus hill and finally five Penthouses with rooftop terraces and swimming pools (range from 260 to 721 sq.m.) and magnificent views of the Acropolis and Lycabettus hill.
Who is the architect and the consultants of the project?
The architect of One Athens is DIVERCITY which is an award-winning architecture firm with offices in London and Athens. DIVERCITY is a full service architecture and design practice with a wide-ranging portfolio of projects. The rest of the team includes the Structural Designers ETESME, the M/E Designers ELTEME, the Lighting Architecture Design by DIATHLASIS and L4A, the Landscape Architecture by ELANDSCAPE and the Acoustic Design by THEODORE TIMAGENIS.
Who is the contractor?
J&P AVAX is the One Athens contractor. J&P AVAX AVAX has established a reputation as one of the leading construction companies in South Eastern Europe, with an unrivalled track record in large-scale public works as well as high-end real estate projects.
What is the time schedule of One Athens?
It is expected that all construction works should be finalized during 2017.
What are the main technical specifications of the apartments?
- High quality oak timber flooring in the Living Areas, Kitchens and the Bedrooms.
- High quality marble flooring/coating in the Bathrooms (Dionysos, Aliveri).
- Minimal full height aluminum integrated double glazing doors and windows (Panoramah!).
- Multi point high security entrance doors.
- Radiator heating panels (plus heating towel rails) by the German design brand DiaNorm.
- Discreet Air Conditioning Systems fitted with linear diffusers (Mitsubishi).
- Fully equipped kitchens of a high quality brand (Miele, Gaggenau) and furnished in a white lacquer doors of the high-end design brand Bontempi with corian counter.
- All Bathroom fittings and complementary fixtures are by high-end international design brands such as Bette and Grohe plus corian counter/washbasin and white lacquer doors.
- Advanced integrated electromechanical installations which include Rack Control Station (telephone, sat TV, audio, vision, data points) and smart management control using an Ipad.
- Sat TV plus VDSL internet communication, telephone and data points to the Living Areas.
- Integrated fire protection system includes fire/thermal/gas detectors.
- Video entry phone system and CCTV to all entrances, to the car parking area, the atrium and the lobby areas.
Can I make any modifications to my apartment?
With regard to external modifications, all One Athens apartments must adhere to the strict architectural design approved by the authorities. As such, the purchasers of the apartments are not entitled to undertake any modifications affecting the buildings’ facades. In the event that a prospective purchaser wishes to undertake any interior layout changes to the apartment, this would need to be approved by the One Athens consultant’s team, so as to ensure that all building standards and restrictions are met.
Will there be a homeowners' association and regulation at One Athens?
A homeowners’ regulation can be found as an appendix to the legal documentation upon entering into a purchase contract for the One Athens apartments. Each of the 26 owners plus the facility manager will form the One Athens association and will meet regularly or in case of emergencies.
Is there a facility manager on site? What is the facility management
monthly rate for each apartment?
The developer is currently negotiating with the best facility management companies the monthly rate of the One Athens facility management services and expect to reach in an agreement at least 3 months before the completion of the construction works. Our current estimation for the monthly rate is around 4.5 to 5.0€/m2.
Is there a rental program available?
Yes, there is a rental program available to One Athens owners. A highly experienced and professional entity will be responsible to accommodate rental services for each One Athens owner in collaboration with the facilities manager. The owners’ legal obligations remain in force once an apartment is included in the rental program and all lessees are required to fully accept these terms and conditions.
Why is One Athens different from any other residential development in Athens?
One Athens is probably the first fully serviced apartment building in the city of Athens. It is the high quality of construction and high aesthetic design that fills a considerable gap in Athens’ luxury real estate market. Furthermore, its location, amenities and a one of a kind character make it unique and an excellent investment choice.
What kind of tax or other transaction costs will I pay?
What kind of annual real estate taxes should I pay after buying my apartment at One Athens?
One Athens residents should pay real estate tax, on an annual basis, which is subject to the area plus the type of the apartment. Owners of the penthouses will be charged on an annual basis of 60 to 70 times the residential area of the unit. Those of the townhouses around 45 to 50 times whereas owners of the apartments around 22 to 30 times the residential area of the unit.